Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WINGS OF THE WICKED by Courtney Allison Moulton

Wings of the Wicked
Courtney Allison Moulton

Rating: A+


Description from goodreads.com:
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined. 
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night. 

She’s been warned. 
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself. 

She’ll be betrayed. 
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay. 



My thoughts on the book:
Wow. Cliffhanger much? I have to get this out of the way first. I hate cliffhangers! I have waited FOREVER for this book to come out so that I could see what happens next, and now what do I have to do? Wait FOREVER again! That being said, cliffhanger aside, this book was completely amazing. Moulton grew so much as an author from Angelfire to Wings of the Wicked. This novel is packed full of emotion, adventure, action, romance, and suspense. I don't know how she did it, but somehow Ellie goes through even more in this book than she did in the last book. Seriously, the girl doesn't get a second's peace. It's unreal. I could not put the book down. I was reading it during breaks in between classes and on the bus. Screw homework, what happens to Ellie?! That was my mentality for the past two days, haha. 


Wings of the Wicked picks up where Angelfire left off. Cadan shows up at Ellie's school and warns her what Bastian is up to. From there, things just keep getting worse. Ellie goes through a ton, and I do mean a TON of losses in this book. She has to watch so many loved ones die that I don't know how she held it together. She's grown a lot as a character since the first book. She was depressed, of course, but she didn't lay down and die. She totally fought for her life and for the good of everyone. I admired her character a lot. She's still trying to find a good balance between her two selves, but she's improving, and I have every belief that she'll get there. 


Will is so sweet that he almost gives me a tooth ache. He seems to become more comfortable with having Ellie back in his life. He fights like hell to defend her; he does things that no one even knew he was capable of. There are quite a few surprises surrounding Will in this novel. This is as much Will's book as it is Ellie's. I like how Moulton let us get to know more about Will without taking away from Ellie. She did a terrific job with that. 


Cadan... Oh Cadan, I love you dearly, but you're just not Will. Cadan is an enigma, for sure, but I do really like him. He goes through a lot and learns the difference between right and wrong. He's a great addition to the story, and I'm glad that we got to know him better. 


We gain a lot more information about Ellie's world in Wings of the Wicked. She remembers what it's like to be an angel in Heaven. She also finds out more about who and what she is. Throughout all of this, we learn more about the Enshi and what it actually is, as well. We learn more about Will and his background, and he even learns a few things about himself. We get to know Cadan and more about who he really is and what role he plays in all of this. Moulton also introduces a handful of new characters, both good and bad who add wonderfully to the richness of this story. In an effort not to spoil the book for those who haven't read it yet, I'm going to end my review here. 

Wings of the Wicked will definitely be on my list for "Best Releases of 2012." You do not want to miss it. 

Want to buy Wings of the Wicked?




3 comments:

  1. Thank you, I've recently been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I've found out so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the supply?
    Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 3-Piece Starter Set with Bonus Steel

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!