Saturday, April 7, 2012

In My Mailbox #12

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme brought to you by The Story Siren. 




Click read more to see what awesome stuff I got this week!






From the library:


Fracture
By: Megan Miranda
Synopsis on goodreads.com:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it? 

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening? 

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death. 



Buried
By: Linda Joy Singleton
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
In a new school and determined to keep her secrets from being discovered, Thorn finds a mysterious locket that leads to a shocking discovery. Surrounded by new friends she barely knows, as well as the school's famous former student, a smoking-hot musician named Phillipe, Thorn must investigate to find out if one of them is a murderer.


E-galleys for review:


Dark Kiss
By: Michelle Rowen
Release Date: 5/22/12
A big thank you to Harlequin Teen!
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
I don't do dangerous.  Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...


The Immortal Rules
By: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: 4/24/12
A big thank you to Harlequin Teen!
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity. 

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. 

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters. 

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad. 

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike. 

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.



The Little Woods
By: McCormick Templeman
Release Date: 7/10/12
A big thanks to Random House!
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
Are the woods behind St. Bede's Academy really haunted, or does bad stuff just happen there? When Calista Wood, a new student, arrives midway through her junior year, St. Bede's feels like a normal school . . . until she discovers that a girl had disappeared a couple of months earlier. Some kids think she ran away, others think she was murdered, but it's only when Cally starts digging around that she finds the startling truth.

Watch as Cally enters a world of privilege, weekend-long parties, high school romances, and . . . well-kept secrets. This page-turner will appeal to teens looking for a fast-paced thriller. Written in a voice at once gripping and crystal clear, debut novelist, McCormick Templeman, will take readers on a twisting and turning journey as only a "new girl" can experience. 

20 comments:

  1. Fracture and The Immortal Rules are both AMAZING! Happy reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Dark Kiss, I got it too but haven't gotten to it yet. Buried looks pretty good, I'll have to add it to my TBR. Great haul!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immortal Rules totally rocks and I am looking forward to your review of Dark Kiss..sweet IMM.
    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting looking books in your mailbox. Fracture and Immortal Rules are on my list of books to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to read Fracture, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you that Buried is a great book. I read it already and really enjoyed it. The Immortal Rules is on my wishlist - can't wait to get that one!

    Enjoy reading!


    Take a look at what's in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Little Woods sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing! :D Happy reading

    IMM: http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/04/imm-5_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Immortal Rules!!! omggg I am just jealous of that! I wanna read it! Awesome title you got here! Happy Reading!


    My IMM

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I plan to read The Immortal Rules this week! Great IMM! :)

    Happy Easter & Happy Reading,
    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love LOVE the cover of 'The Little Woods'! SO pretty! Great haul this week!

    My IMM: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox_07.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! A Julie Kagawa title, these are all interesting reads. Have fun with all of them. The book covers all look interesting.

    Here's mine over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/in-my-mailbox-42-the-science-fiction-and-hardcore-fantasy-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! I just started reading The Immortal Rules ... it's good so far! I've been eyeing Dark Kiss, too. It has a great cover! I've seen Fracture on a lot of blogs lately ... it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got a galley of The Immortal Rules, so that's next on my reading list. The Little Woods look so, so, so good too. Great haul and happy reading!

    My IMM @ YA Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice IMM!! I've heard wonderful things about Fracture, and I want to read The Immortal Rules so bad. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by my IMM! =)

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome books. The Immortal Rules is everywhere today. I can't wait to read it...it sounds amazing. Enjoy your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saying hi from Book Blogs! I've followed you on GFC and Facebook. If you have time, check out my children's book blog - http://itsfundamental.info

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there! Nice list this week as always. Fracture and The Immortal Rules are definitely creating a buzz in the blogsphere. I hope you enjoy them.

    Here's what I received IMM this week.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE The cover for Dark Kiss! It's so pretty! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got Fracture and The Immortal Rules! I'd say that's a good week for IMM! I hope you enjoy your reading!

    -Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Immortal Rules is EVERYWHERE right now. I'm hearing so many good things about it! I hope you enjoy it! :) Happy reading and thanks for commenting on my IMM yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!