Tuesday, April 10, 2012

UNTIL I DIE by Amy Plum

Until I Die
Amy Plum

Rating: A+
Release Date: 05/08/12
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love. 

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy. 

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.



My thoughts on the book:
Wow. Until I Die is one of the most suspenseful and romantic books I've read all year. This book was intense! I read the entire novel in one sitting and could not put it down until the very last page. At the end, I felt like shaking my Kindle and screaming "NO I WANT MORE!" Unfortunately Until I Die does end on a cliffhanger, but I will forgive Plum for that simply because the book was so amazing that I can't hold a grudge. I do hate cliffhangers, though. That being said, Until I Die will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride that you won't forget. 


Kate grows a lot in this book, and one of the things I love about her is that she's not stupid. She doesn't go off and do dumb things. I mean she makes mistakes, don't get me wrong, but she thinks things through. She may not always know the danger that she's putting herself and others in, but she plans things instead of just running off in a fit of emotion. I also like that she states that she's a complete person in her own right. She's a strong female character, and I really enjoy seeing France through her point of view. 


Vincent was fabulous as usual. I always love him, and I hope to see a ton more of him in the next book. I also would like to see more of Ambrose and Jules. They're fun characters. We do get to see more of Jules in Until I Die. I liked getting to know him better. Georgia wasn't an idiot this time, and I enjoyed her character much more. We were introduced to a couple of new characters, and they are very different from the characters that we're used to. The interactions with these characters add a lot to the story.


The plot is captivating and will keep you fully engrossed in the book from first word until the final period. Plum kept me guessing the entire time, and while there isn't a ton of action, there is plenty of suspense. This novel focuses more on Kate and Vincent's romance and their developing relationship than it does on fight scenes (though we have a few of those as well!), but the plot still seems balanced. I enjoyed getting to see more interactions with Kate and Vincent. They're a sweet and healthy couple. I wish more YA couples could be like them. In addition to the balanced plot, Plum includes a lot of emotional ups and downs throughout the story line. There is humor scattered throughout the book so nothing seems too serious, but there were points when I almost cried because things were so sad. In an effort not to spoil the book, I'm not going to go into anymore detail with that. The pacing is quick, but not rushed. 


Until I Die is one of the best books I've read this year, and also one of the best follow-ups I've ever read. For those of you who have read Die for Me, this novel is not to be missed. For those of you who have yet to be introduced to this beautiful, rich, and tragic world that Plum has created, go pick up Die for Me now, that way you'll be ready for Until I Die when it comes out on May 8. You cannot miss this series!


Want to pre-order Until I Die?
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

2 comments:

  1. I have to read the first book. Great review!! :D -TheUnseelieNerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, where did I miss Die for Me reviews?? This sounds totally amazing. Definitely will read!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!